Location & experience
The serene quintessentially Australian bushland setting offers rest and relaxation, however it can also become the centre of a full expedition experience. Excursions can be as simple as a bush-walk followed by a wine tasting excursion over the many surrounding vineyards. Alternatively, stretch out of your comfort zone with breakfast in a hot air balloon or a horse-ride through the Brokenback ranges.
Travel from Sydney CBD via car: approximately 160kms or 2 hours.
Scenic route: At Wahroonga take the F3 Freeway towards Gosford & Newcastle. Take the exit to Peats Ridge. It is well signposted. Follow the road for approx 10 minutes until you reach Mangrove Mountain, after the Caltex Service Station, then take the turn off to the left towards Wollombi. Follow this road straight through Wollombi and head towards Broke. Corymbia is 11.6kms or 10 minutes from Paynes Crossing, which is a small bridge located about 15 minutes from Wollombi. If you happen to miss the Corymbia signage, which is located at the entrance of the property, and you get to Broke, it is 6.11 kilometres back the way you came on the left hand side.
An alternative route is through Cessnock.
611 Wollombi Road, (AKA Paynes Crossing Rd) Broke, New South Wales
We can arrange to fly you to the Axolotl House (30 mins from Sydney) for a truly indulgent luxury getaway. Prices are on application.
Corymbia activities include:
- Bushwalking ranging from challenging to gentle strolls.
- Horse riding for a range of abilities along a myriad of tracks.
- Fishing (both dams are stocked annually with Silver Perch - rods and bait provided).
- Boulle (French bowls).
Other attractions in the Broke Fordwich region:
The source of nearly 25% of the Hunter’s premium wine grapes, guests at the cottage can be assured of a productive wine-tasting tour of the region. The local wine growers man their own cellar doors and are justifiably proud of their products. Minibuses pick up and return guests who wish to tour vineyards or visit the ever increasing surrounding restaurants or farm-gate suppliers.
Wineries in the region include:
- Tempus Two*
- Margan Cellar Door*
- Stoney Broke
- Broke Fordwich
- Tyrells Vineyard
- Tulloch Wines
- Ascella Pure Wines Organic Vineyard
* denotes wineries with Axolotl work.
- Concerts are held in many of the larger vineyards at various times during the year.
- Broke Village Fair - 2nd Sunday in September
- Wollombi Fair - Monday of every long weekend
- A Little Bit of Italy in Broke - 1st weekend in April
- Broke Garden Ramble - 2nd weekend in October
- Spirit of the Vine in Broke - last weekend in October
- Folk in Broke - 1st weekend in November
- Carols in the Park - 1st Sunday before Christmas
For the kids
- Hunter Valley Gardens - Be enchanted by the storybook garden where topiary animals and nursery rhyme characters will enchant.
We also offer personalised massage & beauty treatments in the privacy of the house. Couples can be pampered at the same time. All treatments should be pre-booked with us, to avoid disappointment.